The IoT Community was honored to host Jim Sabogal of Gold Member, T-Systems at the IoT Slam Live 2019 event, where he discussed how IoT is transforming the US drugs supply chain. Relive this keynote free and in full. Join the IoT Community today, visit https://iotcommunity.net (please note the dot net domain).
The FDA is halfway through the implementation timeline for the Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA). The goal of this law is to provide an ‘inter-operable’ solution that can identify and track and trace pharmaceutical products throughout the US Supply Chain, and to ensure the safety and security of all medicines we take today. We will answer how does IoT devices expand from basic track and trace to actively monitoring drugs in-transit and provide alerts and alarms from the norms. How does IoT data plus machine learning and blockchain improve drug recalls, reduce waste and fraud, and ultimately optimize operations.
Your key takeaways from this session include:
- How does IoT devices improve the pharmaceutical logistics operations (shipment visibility)?
– Capabilities include: Determining product theft – shipment deviation – how alerts happen in near real-time
– Based on real customer applications of IoT devices.
- Understand how IoT provides more that just track and trace. How on-board sensors provide ‘condition’ monitoring of your shipments.
– Benefits include: Assessing product quality ‘during’ shipments
– Will share the results from multiple deployments of actual applications
- How IoT data is used with Machine Learning and Blockchain for a holistic view of the supply chain.
– Benefits include: Moving from alerts and alarms to ‘improved’ decision support for the end-user; securing the IoT data with shipment data within a Blockchain, and how this supports the goals of the FDA DSCSA law.
– We will examine results from a ‘pilot’ program that ‘integrates’ all of these applications into an optimal solution for the industry.
Jim leads the T-Systems North America Healthcare and Life Sciences vertical. He has been engaging with clients on DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION through numerous projects leveraging: Cloud, Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data, and SAP. Jim is active in Pharma industry dealing with the Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) and the FDA regulatory guidelines. Working with partners to bring new Healthcare solutions that help Providers and Payors leverage the benefits of cloud hosting and IoT. He has a background and experience in Clinical Development; Supply Chain Management; Manufacturing; CRM (Sales and Service); IoT; Big Data / Analytics; Cloud Computing; Blockchain, and Regulatory Standards using SAP, Oracle and Microsoft solutions. At the same time he is on several Advisory Boards in the areas of IoT, Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and SAP. (He is on the IoTCommunity Board of Advisers for Healthcare.)
End-User, Government, Enterprise, Small / Medium Enterprise
Cloud, AI, Infrastructure, IoT, Pharma, Healthcare, SupplyChain
CxO, Middle Management, Business Line Management, Operations
Manufacturing, Healthcare, Government / Public Sector, Pharmaceutical / BioTech
© IoT Community’s IoT Slam Live 2019 Internet of Things Conference
Join the IoT Community at https://iotslam.com/community