Created & Effective From Date: May 1, 2017
This website at http://IoTPractitioner.com is owned and operated by IoT Community, Ltd, a private limited company registered in England and Wales with its head office at IoT Community Ltd, Derwig Drefach Felindre, Llandysul, SA44 5XR, United Kingdom (“IoT Community”, “us” or “we”).
Personal information means any information about you which is personally identifiable, including, without limitation, your name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers, email address, user name, password, comments, personal descriptions, photos and other information from which you can be identified and which you may disclose to IoT Community or otherwise via the Online Services at any time.Changes to this Privacy Statement:
Changes to this Privacy Statement:
From time to time, IoT Community may update its Policy. IoT Community will post the new Policy on this page with a new Effective Date to notify you of these changes. If IoT Community makes any substantial changes in the way it uses your information, it will notify you by email. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check this Policy frequently for updates. By accessing the Online Services after the Effective Date, you are deemed to consent to our then-current Policy.
HOW DO WE AND THIRD PARTIES GATHER AND/OR TRACK INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
- Email Newsletters: When you sign-up to receive free IoT Community email information newsletters, IoT Community may require that you supply your name, email address and other information which enable us to provide you with access to this service.
- Registration for IoT Community Products, Services and Events: When you register to receive IoT Community products or services, fill in forms or surveys, create a profile, post material on the Online Services, or sign up for various events, whether they are free or paid, and whether they are offered by us or provided in association with our third party partners, IoT Community may collect this data and may require that you supply your full name, email address, contact information, and other information. In some instances, IoT Community also collects credit card information to bill members for premium products and to bill attendees for events.
- Contests, Sweepstakes, and Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (a “Promotion”) that may require registration. You will be asked to provide information in order to participate in any such Promotions, and any information you provide may be used and disclosed as set forth in this Policy, as well as in connection with the administration of such Promotion.
- Partner Products & Services Offered on the Online Services: Third parties, such as partners, sponsors or advertisers whose services are promoted on the Online Services may request that you provide personal information. If you choose to do this, such information will be governed by the privacy policies of those third parties, for which we have no responsibility or liability.
IoT Community may also collect and process the following information about you:
- A record of correspondence it has with you.
- Details of your visits to the Online Services and the resources you use.
- Details of transactions you carry out via the Online Services.
- Information about your Device (including IP address, browser and operating system).
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
IoT Community uses your personal and non-personal information that it collects from you and about you for the purposes set forth below. For the avoidance of doubt, IoT Community may use and disclose non-personal information for any purpose, except where IoT Community is required to do otherwise under applicable law. If IoT Community is required to treat non-personal information as personal information under applicable law, then IoT Community may use and disclose it for all the purposes for which IoT Community uses and discloses your personal information. IoT Community may use the information collected from one portion of the Online Services on other portions of the Online Services, and IoT Community may combine information gathered from multiple portions of the Online Services into a single record. IoT Community may also use or combine information that IoT Community collects offline or from third-party sources with your information collected from the Online Services. Additionally, data collected from a particular browser or Device may be used with another computer or Device that is associated with the browser or Device on which such data was collected, or transferred to a third party who may be able to track your activity across Devices, subject always to the terms of this Policy. IoT Community may use this information to:
- Enable Usage: IoT Community uses the information it gathers about you to enable your use of IoT Community’s products and services, including but not limited to accessing the Online Services, receiving e-newsletters, renewing paid services, participating in message boards, carrying out its contracts with you and enabling you to receive products and services that you request or (with your consent) which IoT Community thinks will interest you.
- Data Enhancement. IoT Community may acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information that you provided or we collected automatically, such as information to validate or update your address or other information.
- Customizing Your Experience on the Online Services: IoT Community uses the information that it collects and acquires to present content effectively to you and to customize your user experience on the Online Services, including delivering content to you that we think would be most relevant and of interest to you and providing you with an enhanced experience based on the type of Device you are using.
IoT Community may now or in the future provide aggregate information to advertisers to help them reach their target audience but it does not identify individuals to advertisers. IoT Community may use information it has collected to display advertisements to that audience.
WITH WHOM DOES IOT COMMUNITY SHARE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
IoT Community may, on occasion, choose to share the personal information collected about users with select third parties in accordance with this Policy for certain purposes, such as the following.
- Third Party Promotions. IoT Community may share your personal information with select third parties so that they may provide you with product or service offerings or promotions via email or direct mail which IoT Community feels may be of interest to you. Many of IoT Community’s subscribers find these email and direct mail promotions valuable, whether they are shopping for merchandise, taking advantage of special offers, or purchasing unique services. You may opt-out of having your personal information shared for this purpose, as described in greater detail below.
Personal information about you as an individual subscriber or registrant may be shared, regardless of your “opt-out” status, in the following instances:
- Compliance with Law: IoT Community may release information if it is required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) comply with the law or comply with legal process served on IoT Community; (2) protect and defend the legitimate business interests, rights, safety or property of IoT Community, its users, advertisers, customers, sponsors, advertisers or affiliates; and (3) protect again fraud or credit risks.
- Employees, Agents and Vendors: Your personal information may be disclosed to IoT’s employees and agents and IoT Community may on occasion use third-party vendors to assist it in performing its business functions, such as mailing statements to subscribers, email distribution, processing data and payments, and providing customer service. Personal information may be shared with these businesses or individuals to allow them to perform their assigned functions, but is limited to that information needed to perform the assigned function.
- Organizational Changes: Should IoT Community undergo a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation, IoT Community’s accumulated customer information will be treated as an asset and, like other business assets, subject to transfer to a seller or acquisition by a third party buyer. We may also disclose information about our users in connection with a commercial transaction where we, or any one of our businesses, is seeking financing, investment, support or funding. IoT Community may also disclose your personal information to other businesses in its group (which means its subsidiaries, its ultimate holding company and its subsidiary as defined in Section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006).
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
IoT Community is not responsible for the content, security or the privacy policies of websites to which it may link. This Policy applies solely to information collected by IoT Community. You should consult the respective privacy policies of any applicable third parties to learn more about their privacy practices.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, IoT Community has put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to protect the information IoT Community collects online. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your personally identifiable information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any social media or other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and you take the risk that any sending of that data turns out to be not secure despite IoT Community’s efforts.
You need to help protect the privacy of your own information, including maintaining the confidentiality of any account information or access credentials. You must take precautions to protect the security of any personally identifiable information that you may transmit over any public or untrusted network by using encryption and other techniques to prevent unauthorized persons from intercepting or receiving any of your personally identifiable information. You are responsible for the security of your information when using unencrypted, open access, public or otherwise unsecured networks.
A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
The IoT Community site is directed to a general audience and not directed to those under the age of 18. IoT Community asks that minors not submit any personal information. IoT Community does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from individuals under 18 years of age or knowingly allow such persons to register to use any Online Services. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal information from a user who is under 18 years of age without parental consent, we will take steps to remove that user’s personal information from our systems as quickly as possible.
WHERE DOES IOT COMMUNITY STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Online Services are operated in the United Kingdom and intended for users located globally. Please be aware that information we collect, including personal information, may be transferred to, processed and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By using the Online Services or providing us with any information, you consent to the transfer, processing and storage of your information in this way. IoT Community will do what it reasonably can to keep your data secure and in accordance with this Policy.
YOUR RIGHTS AND GOVERNING LAW
If you are already a registered member of IoT Community, we will only contact you electronically about products and services which are similar to those you have previously purchased. If you are a new member, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, you will only be contacted if you agree to it. If you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes or you do not wish IoT Community to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please opt out using one of the methods described towards the end of this Policy.
Following termination or deactivation of your account, IoT Community or its service providers may retain information about you for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
The UK Data Protect Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request will be subject to a fee (currently £10) to meet IoT Community’s costs in providing you with details of the information it holds about you.
The laws of England and Wales shall govern this Policy and any dispute arising out of or in relation to it, including those disputes arising from IoT Community’s use of personal information or otherwise relating to privacy and the Online Services. Both users and IoT Community agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in connection to disputes relating to the terms of this Policy. This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties.
- Email: Any recipient of email notices may opt out of receiving them at any time. To opt out of receiving emails, follow the unsubscribe instructions located near the bottom of each service update, newsletter or promotional email, or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research Surveys: You may elect not to receive IoT Community research surveys by using the opt-out link contained in such emails and you may elect not to receive co-branded surveys by unsubscribing from emails from third party partners, as described below.
- Postal Addresses: IoT Community collects postal mailing address information from you so that IoT Community may fulfill the orders you submit and to inform you of IoT Community programs, products and services in which you may be interested. You have the right to opt out of receiving postal mailings from IoT Community. If you do not wish to receive postal mailings from IoT Community in the future, please send an email to email@example.com
- Third Party Event Sponsors. If you do not wish for IoT Community to share any information you supply when you register for an event (including any webinars and recognition dinners), such as your name, company name, postal address or email address, please specify this in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to contact us about this Policy or otherwise, please write to us at:
IoT Community Ltd, Derwig Drefach Felindre, Llandysul, SA44 5XR, United Kingdom
Or email us at email@example.com